Position: Construction Estimator (Intermediate Level Experience)
Terms: Full-time Employment
Location: Folsom, California
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 annual base plus performance bonuses and fully paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision plan, 2 weeks vacation, etc.
Top ranked west coast Architectural Design & Build firm specializing in both public and private sector buildings and facilities such as K-12 & Higher Education, Healthcare, Civic, & Commercial building projects, actively seeks Construction Estimator to become a contributing member of our Folsom, Ca office.
This Construction Estimator will play a key role in determining the cost effectiveness and budget of our diverse range of building construction projects. Will aid in the preparation of preliminary, conceptual, and take-off estimates as well as final hard estimates of construction cost, pricing, and materials for all office projects. This Construction Estimator will work closely with Architectural, Engineering, & Construction staff on designated projects from project conception through completion. Estimator will likely also have frequent interaction with project clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
Construction Estimator duties will also include ensuring that our firm is taking advantage of best guidelines for takeoffs and using the same best cost / price assumptions on all projects. Creating common bid sheets for all the projects in the office. Managing price books and item master (unitized prices). Conducting field verification of materials and labor hours to verify takeoff and bid quantities. Helping establish firm plans for best value engineering / cost engineering efforts for the company. Developing and pre-qualifing new vendors.
Construction Estimator Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of construction estimating work experience preferable working for an architectural, engineering, or construction company.
- Knowledge of construction materials, pricing, scheduling, and scopes of work.
- Ability to clearly read project blueprints and calculations and proficiently interpret drawings and specifications to prepare take-offs, total estimate pricing, and general project cost expectations, etc.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program software.
- Ideal candidates will be highly professional, self motivated, assertive, willing to take initiative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities as need to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Structural Engineering is highly preferred but may be substituted with equivalent professional construction estimating background and experience.
- Must be highly detail oriented and precise
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business correspondence.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to provide efficient, high-quality customer service.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
All interested candidates please contact Hiring Manager James Cameron at (916) 479-7083 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for both immediate and completely confidential consideration.
To view additional Architectural, Engineering, Environmental, or Construction job / employment opportunities please view The Johnson Group Inc. career page at www.johnsongroupinc.com/tjg/careers.htm.